Thursday, October 21, 2021

TOR 2e Treasure Hoard Generator

     With the forthcoming release of The One Ring 2nd edition, I have been making my way through the early access PDFs. One thing that strikes me is how well they leverage the existing Middle-Earth lore by importing as much of it as possible into their rulebooks and trying to make it gameable. That being said, I have always liked the mood and atmosphere of Middle Earth more than the canonical history and locations. In order to facilitate what I personally want to get out of the game, I'm planning on using Spwack's excellent HTML generator to make automatic tables for rumors/quest hooks. To help get me back into the swing of it, here is an automatic treasure hoard generator. I chose to leave the form of the wondrous objects ambiguous so unusual combinations of blessings can be resolved on the fly. Based on the advice of the rulebook that finding Famous Arms and Armor should be game-changing, I have also chosen to leave those generic as well. Let me know if anyone else finds this helpful, or if you notice any issues with the table.


What have we found?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Location: The Hills of Hunger

  Location: The Hills of Hunger Having recently enjoyed Phlox’s hex in the earnest fantasy style of Deltora Quest , I thought I would try my...